SUPERMARKET-WORKER CANDICE, 20, WAS BEHIND THE COUNTER AT WORK, WHEN A MASKED THUG STORMED IN AND POINTED A SHOTGUN IN HER FACE. CANDICE TELLS US ABOUT HER SHOTGUN HORROR.
TERRIFIED, SHE FROZE TO THE SPOT STARING DOWN THE BARREL OF THE SAWN-OFF WEAPON, WHICH WAS HIDDEN IN A BAG.
BUT SHE WAS FLOORED BY A SINGLE BLOW WHEN THE RAIDER LUNGED FORWARD AND RAMMED THE METAL BARREL INTO HER EYE.
HE TRIED TO BURST INTO THE TILL AT THE CO-OP STORE, BUT FAILED AND LEFT EMPTY HANDED.
CANDICE’S EYE WAS SO SWOLLEN AND BRUISED SHE COULDN’T OPEN IT FOR DAYS AND FEARED SHE MIGHT HAVE PERMANENTLY LOST HER SIGHT.
NOW SHE WORRIES THE ATTACKER WILL NEVER BE CAUGHT.
– When Candice turned up for work at the Co-op she had no idea that her shift would be so eventful.
– Left on the shop floor by her self she thought nothing of it…
– Until a masked thug burst in and pointed a SHOTGUN just inches away from her face, leaving her fearing for her life.
– Chilling CCTV footage shows the moment Candice froze on the spot as she stared down the barrel of the sawn-own shotgun, which was concealed in a bag.
– Moments later the young cashier was floored by a single blow after the hooded attacker slammed the metal barrel into her face.
– Her eye was so swollen and bruised that she couldn’t open it for days and she was convinced she had permanently lost her sight.
– The man, whose face was concealed with a scarf, then tried to smash his way into the till at the shop before fleeing empty-handed.
– Candice, a part-time sales assistant, was alone on the shop floor when the robber entered at around 7.30pm.
– As her eye heals she has had to wear an eye patch which has left her looking like a pirate – but she is just thankful to be alive.
– Candice said: ‘This guy came around the counter and shouted ‘it’s a stick-up’.
– ‘He held this weapon a few inches from my face and just lunged at me – it went straight into my face.
– ‘I hit the floor, I was completely shocked and tried to back into a corner to get away from him.
– ‘He was shouting at me the whole time to open the till and I just shouted back ‘I don’t know how’.
– ‘I managed to hit the panic button but I was scared he would hit me again when I couldn’t get any money out.
– ‘He started trying to force it open but when he couldn’t he left with nothing.
– ‘I had a black eye, it swelled up straight away and was so bad that I thought I was going to be blind.
– ‘As soon as he hit me I couldn’t open it, I tried to open it with my fingers but I couldn’t see anything except big blurry outlines.
– ‘I got to the hospital and had to wait three and a half hours before they gave me some eye drops to ease the pain and sent me home to recover.
– ‘It’s opened up a bit now but it hurts to move my eyeball and it looks awful!
– ‘I didn’t even do anything and he attacked me, it’s scary to think what he would do if someone resisted him.
– ‘I’ve not been back to work yet but I can’t afford not to.
– ‘It’s completely changed my life, even a trip to the supermarket brings back bad memories.’
If you’ve been the victim of a crime and would like to share your story, please tell us about your story by using the form on the right hand side of this page. We’ll let you know how much it’s worth before you decide if you’d like to sell it to us or not.
If you don’t have a story but would like to see how you can help the press and earn extra income please visit our Press Requests page.
Submit Your Story Here
Tell us about your Story, Photo or Video for a Free Valuation
Receive Case-Study Requests
Want to earn extra cash? Newspapers, Magazines & TV shows are always searching for people to appear in articles and on TV shows. Subscribe to receive alerts: