LAUREN, 21, HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN ANIMAL LOVER. BUT SHE HAS TAKEN THINGS TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL AND BECOME COMPLETELY OBSESSED WITH HER PET PARROT, CHEEKO. NOW THE UNLIKELY DUO DO ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING TOGETHER.
SHE EVEN ENDURED EIGHT HOURS OF PAIN TO HAVE AN IDENTICAL PORTRAIT OF HER BIRD TATTOOED ON HER THIGH, SO SHE CAN KEEP HIM NEAR WHEN HE REALLY HAS TO STAY AT HOME.
– Hairdresser Lauren likes to ruffle a few feathers at work – by taking her pet parrot Cheeko to the salon with her.
– The fluffy African Grey has proven a hit with the clients who flock to her salon to see the mischievous bird.
– The pair are inseparable. Not only does Lauren take him to work but she also invites him to her friends houses too.
– She bought him eight years ago when he was just a few weeks old and ever since they have spent almost every waking moment together.
– Cheeko by name cheeky by nature, the naughty bird’s favourite catch phrase is, “You got a kiss?” and he regularly requests smooches from the clients.
– He also chirps “Where’s Lauren?” if she’s out of his sight for too long.
– Annoyingly he has also started to imitate a phone ringing which has caused quite a bit of confusion in the household.
– His favourite catch phrases are “Mum, mum!” “Night, night,” and “You coming out?”
– And he loves nothing more than munching on MacDonalds and Galaxy chocolate and sipping Irn Bru.
– Lauren even endured eight hours of pain to have a massive picture of her pet permanently tattooed on her thigh.
– But not everyone is Cheeko’s biggest fan.
– Lauren’s dad, Paul, who owns the barbers shop next to her salon, had goldfish for years and when he got fed up with them he decided Cheeko would be great to occupy the customers, but his noisy chirps got on his nerves.
– Lauren said: “He got fed up when he made too much noise and thought it might be better if Cheeko was in my place.
– “So now I take Cheeko to my work everyday with me and to my friends houses, I would take him shopping with me if I could!
– “I got the tattoo of him as I love him so much and I wanted to show it, I even took him into the tattoo parlour to get his picture taken for it, to make sure it was identical.
– “Most of the clients love Cheeko, some are scared of him but he can’t fly so he just sits on his cage or walks about the worktops.
– “Cheeko is so naughty, he really lives up to his name. He eats everything he can get a hold of including phone chargers, bath mats, pens, sellotape, couches, rugs and the keyboard buttons.”
Ever thought ‘I want to sell my story‘? All you need to do is fill out the quick enquiry form on this page. Just tell us a little bit about your story, and we’ll let you know if it’s the type of thing we buy.