Groom’s terror as he is kidnapped by 16 masked men in stag prank while driving with his fiancee in country lane
- Ollie McAninch feared he would miss wedding after stress gave him shingles
- Ambushed with smoke grenades and bats and told to ‘get on the floor!’
- Bundled into van, gagged and dressed in Guantanamo Bay-style jumpsuit
- Driven 100 miles and dumped by roadside with only a mankini, map and bike
- Told to cycle 10 miles to his stag do, which he thought was a week later
- He still allowed his friends to the wedding, but vows to seek ‘vengeance’
A groom was left so traumatised after being kidnapped by 16 masked men in a terrifying stag-do prank he almost missed his wedding. Ollie McAninch, 33, was so stressed by the ordeal he developed shingles and was told to avoid his fiance for a month, leaving his big day in doubt. He had been driving along a country lane with wife-to-be Clair Hart when they were intercepted by the gang.
Wearing ski masks, they set off smoke grenades and brandished bats as they screamed ‘get out of the f****** car, get on the floor!’ He was then bundled into the back of a van before being bound, gagged and dressed him in a Guantanamo Bay-style jumpsuit.
But the marketing consultant’s nightmare didn’t end there. He was stripped down, handed a lime-green mankini, a tiny bike and a map and ordered to cycle ten miles to his stag do in Exeter, Devon.
Mr McAninch, who thought his celebration was a week later, told The Sun: ‘For more than two hours, I was in that van. I’ve never been so scared.’ He said he was worried he would miss the wedding after developing shingles, but he was able to tie the knot earlier this week. He still invited his friends, but vows to get ‘vengeance’.
Ollie said “After the initial terror, I thought it was hilarious. I’m going to get Clair back for setting me up, but I’m just so relieved that the wedding was able to go ahead in the end.”
Luckily the couple were able to wed in Ash Barton Manor in Devon on the 6th July 2013.