A £1 FACE MASK BURNT MY SKIN OFF!

Help Raise Awareness & Share!Share on Facebook
Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Chantelle, 19, is scarred for life after a £1 beauty regime went horribly wrong. She shares her true story ‘face mask burt my skin off’.

SellUsYourStory.com help hundreds of people every month share their story with the national press for cash.  We are the largest independent press agency in the UK, we guarantee the highest fees and ensure your story is told your way.  When Chantelle contacted us saying ‘a face mask burnt my skin off’ we knew the newspapers and magazines would be interested.


 

Chantelle Currell with the scars she was left with after trying a chocolate face mask. See SWNS story SWCHOC: A teenager says she has been "scarred for life" after she was left with third degree burns because of a chocolate FACE MASK. And to add insult to injury, scarred Chantelle Currell was offered just £1 in compensation from Asda where she bought the product. The 19-year-old used the Chocolate Masque beauty product before going out with her partner last Tuesday, thinking it would get rid of her blackheads and improve her skin. But within three minutes of applying the Montagne Jeunesse mask, a trusted brand she had used for years, her skin began to burn.I peered into the mirror, my fingertips running over the pesky blackheads on my chin. Urgh, I thought to myself. Why can’t I ever seem to get rid of them…

I reached into the cupboard and picked out my trusty, favourite face mask. I’d tried them all – the chilli sauna mask, the passionfruit peel, the fudge sundae and even the citrus blemish buster.

This time, I smacked my lips as I ripped open a chocolate mud face mask as its smell was just heavenly.

At under a quid, it was a bargain too – so it was no wonder I used them all the time as part of my skincare routine.

Smearing it on my face, I was a pro at evenly spreading out the mud mask so it covered all the nooks and crannies. With an extra rub at my blackheads, I decided to start getting dressed to go out for a curry with my other half, Shane.

Scraping my hair back from my face, I flung open my wardrobe and hoped for some inspiration. I could feel my face getting warm, and I thought nothing of it at first – but suddenly there was an intense heat. My cheeks were burning.

Screaming in pain, I ran back to the bathroom and clawed at my face to try and get the scorching mud off.SWNS_CHOCOLATE_MASK_01 I did everything I could to get rid of the pain, with tears screaming down my fiery cheeks I drenched my face in freezing cold water.

It felt as if hot iron rods were slicing through my cheeks and searing my skin – it was absolute agony. I started feeling faint and my vision was blurring from the puffiness and swelling from where I had applied the mask.

After countless icy face towels and much hysterical sobbing, I was rushed to A&E where I sat for hours while my cheeks blistered and my lips cracked. What made it worse is that people were sniggering at my cerise pink face, and they were laughing behind my back.

Eventually, a burns specialist examined me and said that I had third degree burns and my blistered cheeks could become infected if I wasn’t careful. I was scarred for life – at the tender age of 19. A £1 face mask had burned my skin off.

I had only left the mask on for about three minutes too, even though the pack recommends 20 for best results.

Over the next few days, I could hardly sleep, eat or even breathe without it feeling like sheer torture.

When I visited the ASDSWNS_CHOCOLATE_MASK_04A I bought it from, they could see my white, scarred cheeks and humiliatingly only refunded me £1 for my trauma. Now I’m too afraid to leave the house without people thinking I’m some sort of freak or zombie. My life has been ruined, from a three minute blackhead buster.

A Montagne Jeunesse spokesman said: “We can confirm that a report has been received of an alleged reaction to this product. We have taken this report very seriously and are presently in the process of conducting a full investigation.

“We can confirm that this product was safety assessed by our own laboratory and by an independent toxicologist prior to launch and during manufacture, all of whom certified the product to be microbiologically pure.

“We are unable to comment further whilst investigations are ongoing.”

An Asda spokesman said: “We’re currently investigating and will be in touch with Ms Currell as soon as possible.”

 


 

We helped Chantelle sell her story exclusively to That’s Life Magazine, who outbid rival magazines for the rights to print Chantelle’s story.  If you would like us to auction your story to the highest bidding magazine, get in touch using the story valuation form on this page.

Our service is free and won’t cost you a penny.  We guarantee to secure you the highest fee possible.  There is no obligation when you fill out the story valuation form – everything you send us is completely confidential until you tell us otherwise.

For more information you can read our Sell My Story page, which explains the process of selling your story in more detail, or you can contact us here.

That's Life, May 2016, Beauty Gone Wrong, Emmie

Just a Few of Our Recent Clients…

Amazing, shocking, heartwarming and bizarre, true, real-life stories…

Sell Story to Media | Newspapers, Magazines & TV
January 10
Crime StoriesReal Life StorySell My Story

Raise awareness of an important issue – Share your Story
October 01
Crime StoriesReal Life StorySell My Story

Sell my inspirational story | Raise awareness and help others in a similar situation
June 08
Heartbreaking & Heartwarming StoriesRaising AwarenessReal Life StoryRelationship StoriesSell My Story

Waking up on the operating table | How to tell your story
April 04
Health StoriesReal Life Story

Experienced something shocking or unbelievable? Find out how to tell your story to the World. If you have an unbelievable story you'd like to share with the media, get in touch today. We'll show you how to tell your story.

How to use the Media to Raise Awareness
March 29
Health StoriesReal Life StorySell My Story

I’m a paedophile hunter | Sell My Story
February 22
Crime StoriesReal Life StorySell My Story

My ex tried to kill me | My nails saved my life | Share my story
January 10
Abuse & Domestic Violence StoriesReal Life StorySell My Story

My ex tried to kill me, but my nails saved my life. Here's my story. Find out how you can sell your story for the highest fee possible.

Tell your story | surrogacy story
August 22
Heartbreaking & Heartwarming StoriesReal Life StorySell My Story

If you have a surrogacy story, get in touch today. We'll help you tell your story, and get paid the maximum fee possible.  Help others in a similar situation. Raise awareness for a cause or a charity. Read recent client Katy-Ann's heartwarming surrogacy story.

How to make a story go viral
August 03
Real Life StoryRelationship StoriesWedding Stories

Placing your story, photo or video in the press is the best way to help your content go viral, If you're searching for information about how to make a story go viral, look no further!

Twincredible: Two sets of twins! Sell your twin story
June 30
Health StoriesHeartbreaking & Heartwarming StoriesReal Life Story

Katherine McCulloch, thought she was infertile due to a rare form of Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) which caused a build up of scar tissue. She and her partner Aaron Tricker were today celebrating having two sets of twins!

Author: Emmie Harrison
Tags

Similar posts